All about us

David Mackay’s was established in 1902 by the Mackay family as a Joiners and Undertakers in the harbour area of Arbroath. 

The business continued, retaining its original name until 1967, when the business was relocated to Gowan Street and began trading solely as an Undertakers.

The building, locally known as Jock's Lodge, was previously owned by several professionals in Arbroath including a shipping tycoon and a lawyer and had also been a doctor's surgery.

The Funeral Directors remained in the Mackay family until 1992 when David Mackay, grandson of the founder sold the Funeral Directors upon his retirement.

“With the blessing of the Mackay family, David Mackay Funeral Directors still retains its name so familiar with the local community of Arbroath and Angus. We take great pride in ensuring that local families continue to receive the highest level of support and guidance through their time of need.”